First aid info? Earthquake prep? Whether you’re preparing for or reacting to a disaster, chances are that the Red Cross has an app for that. And guess what? Totally Unprepared totally endorses these!
No surprise there. I mean think about it. Over half of American adults have ditched their dumbphones for a smart phone. And I would be willing to bet a pretty penny that 99% of those folks go to bed with their phones, check their phones while on holiday, and let’s face it, love their smartphone more than a kid loves cake! Hmm cake…
While admitting you have a problem is the first step, it doesn’t all have to be a bad thing. The Red Cross’ handy dandy mobile apps can serve as a one-stop shop to staying informed with the latest information, whether it’s earthquakes, wildfires or the new and improved Hands-Only CPR. Okay, that was Vinnie but how could we leave him or 80’s music out?
But getting back to the point. The Red Cross has a number or robust mobile apps that will help you stay prepared and safe during the next apocalypse. Still not convinced? See for yourself by downloading a free First Aid, Earthquake, or even a Wildfire mobile app and find all of these nifty features available at your fingertips.
- Simple and I mean simple step-by-step instructions.
- Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
- Safety tips and alerts for everything from earthquakes to wildfires.
- Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
- Find open Red Cross shelters in your area.
- Learn how to assemble an emergency kit.
So the next time someone complains you’re spending too much time on your phone, tell them to Take a Red Cross Quiz!