||INJURY, BROKEN COMPUTER
|COST TO FIX
If you have a flat screen computer monitor on a desk in your home, protect it by anchoring it to your desk with a flexible strap of some type. You will not only keep from having to buy a new computer monitor, but you will avoid glass shards on your floor from the shattered monitor as well. It is an easy fix:
- a flexible nylon computer monitor strap or a computer lock strap
- alcohol or alcohol wipes
INSTRUCTIONS TO SECURE A COMPUTER MONITOR FOR AN EARTHQUAKE:
- Clean the surface where you will attach the earthquake straps on the desk and monitor with alcohol. Use alcohol pads or alcohol poured onto a terrycloth towel to vigorously scrub the area where the Velcro fasteners are to be attached. Wipe dry with a paper towel as surface must be completely dry to adhere correctly.
- Remove paper from the back of the Velcro and place adhesive on the back of the monitor. Do not touch the adhesive. Press firmly and hold for a few minutes.
- Attach the straps to the desk in the same manner.
- Use two straps for even weight distribution.
- Allow adhesive to cure for 72 hours without moving the monitor.
You are done!