We love our pets. You love your pets – and you take good care of them.
As pet owners, it is our responsibility to ensure their safety during times of emergency such as an earthquake. Most of the items that one would need to create an earthquake safety kit for pets are actually quite simple. The only priority would be to store them safely in a place you can get to easily.
This can be achieved by choosing a safe location and storing all the supplies and records inside a sturdy box. This could also contain other emergency gear that you might require during an earthquake.
Pet Earthquake Kit Essentials:
- Bag to keep pet supplies in
- Leash or pet restraint
- Food for three days for your pet
- Water for three days for your pet
- Copy of vaccination records
- Treats for calming and behavior modification
- Pet carrier
- A pet toy
- A chew toy
- Pet booties or shoes to protect feet (dogs)
- Collapsible food and water bowls
- Muzzle or harness as needed.
Some items that are not specifically related to pets but are crucial to own for the safety of you and your pets are the best survival water filters and the best emergency lanterns. These will ensure that you have access to light and clean water which will be great for your pets as well.